This smoothie is made with raw beets, fresh or frozen strawberries and blueberries, a frozen banana, and almond milk (or plant-milk of choice). I also threw in a tablespoon of hemp seeds to add a small kick of protein and creaminess, but you can omit them without affecting the overall flavor. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, I recommend grating the beet before blending because it takes a bit of power to cut through it.
- 1 cup plant milk of choice or water*
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 small beet, washed, peeled, and cut into sixths**
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Optional add-in: 1 tablespoon hemp seeds